And Also Too stands in solidarity with the Palestinian people, always. We call, yet again, for an end to the occupation, and for a #FreePalestine.
As we witness this horrific wave of genocidal violence, many are wondering how we can wield our collective power.
Awareness is Resistance. We have been asked by Palestinians to use our platforms and our voices to share what is happening.
To designers, artists, and other creatives who are looking for more ways to get involved, we humbly offer additional options.
To organizations working toward the liberation of Occupied Palestine, please connect with us and share your needs via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share posts on social media. To help with your framing, here are 10 Things to Remember when Reporting on Palestine by The Palestine Institute for Public Diplomacy
- @motaz_azaiza live from Gaza
- @joegaza93 live from Gaza
Justseeds has prepared a Graphic Care Package in solidarity with Palestine with dozens of beautiful artworks you can share.
USE YOUR TALENTS
- Create beautiful solidarity graphics/animations that people can freely share. They might depict your imaginings of a free Palestine, amplify a meaningful statement, visualize information, or memorialize someone. Be cautious, though, about perpetuating stereotypes in your imagery. Ensure that you thoroughly fact-check any information you share. Here are some examples we love:
- Visual artist and cultural organizer Micah Bazant is collecting solidarity posters here
- Artists Against Apartheid is collecting solidarity posters here
- Reach out to local organizations to see if they need any help you can offer. That may involve making art, but it may also involve distributing flyers, supporting social media needs, or providing child care.
- You do not need to be directly connected to Palestinian organizations and communities to be effective. You can use your talents and platform to start conversations in your own community.
- And Also Too is inviting organizations to share their needs with us. Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you would like to be connected.
MOVEMENTS, CAMPAIGNS, TOOLKITS
- Palestinian Youth Movement
- Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS)
- Jewish Voice for Peace
- US Campaign for Palestinian Rights
- Stop Gaza Genocide: Take Action Now! (Public Toolkit)
- Gaza is Palestine: Find a protest
SIGN ONTO SOLIDARITY STATEMENTS & UTILIZE PETITIONS
- Statement of Support for Palestine Artists & Academics in Canada
- Artists Against Apartheid letter, from the People’s Forum
- Call on Congress (USA)
- Send a Letter to your local MP (Canada)
LEARN THE HISTORY OF PALESTINE
The history is not a confusing one, although it is often present as though it is. Here are a few accurate and clear resources.
- Visualizing Palestine 101
- Israeli Settler Colonialism and Apartheid a historical overview by Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS)
- Palestine: A socialist introduction — free e-book
- The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine, Ilan Pappe
- On Palestine, Noam Chomsky and Ilan Pappe
DONATE TO EMERGENCY APPEALS
FOR CREATIVE AGENCY LEADS
- Make a donation on behalf of your team to one of the appeals listed above. There may be members of your team who want to make a donation but are not able to afford it.
- Cancel and decline work with Amazon, Google, and other companies who build tools used by the Israeli government and military to further the occupation. For more information, visit https://www.notechforapartheid.com/
- Check in with your team members to understand what they need. Do not make assumptions about how this situation may be impacting them. Offer paid time off to grieve, participate in protests, do solidarity work, and to attend to self care.
- Set aside studio/organization time to solidarity work such as writing statements or creating graphics.
- Do not operate “business as usual” — resist the capitalist normalization of mass violence.