Application deadline: April 14, 2021
Graphic designers who are committed to design justice, please get in touch! We have some exciting collaborative, community centered design projects in the works and need your help getting it all done.
If you have a diploma/degree in graphic design, are proficient in Adobe CS (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat primarily), make beautiful work, and are committed to social justice at the personal, interpersonal, and systemic levels, we want to hear from you.
Please email a cover letter expressing your interest in working with us, and your resume as attachments to email@example.com, along with a link to your online portfolio. Be sure to check out andalsotoo.net so you know what we’re about!
This is a six month, 25-hour a week contract for $15,000–$20,000 Canadian. It will begin between May 3–May 10, and will end around Nov. 3–Nov. 10, with the possibility of a longer term commitment.
And Also Too is a collaborative design studio for social justice visionaries. We work to redistribute power in design by co-creating with communities that are systematically excluded from decisions that directly impact their lives. And Also Too has been instrumental in the development of the Design Justice Network Principles, which guide our work. We offer co-design facilitation, co-design consultation, and visual design for print & digital platforms. Our normal hours of operation are 9:00am–5:00pm eastern time.
About the Position
This is a remote contract position. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the design justice movement. This is a six month, 25-hour a week contract for $15,000–$20,000 Canadian. The fee will be based on experience. It will begin between May 3–May 10 with the possibility of a longer term commitment.
The contractor should have their own computer and Adobe CS license. And Also Too will provide access to Google Suite and Slack.
- Work under direction of the Creative Director
- Contribute concepts and aesthetics for projects
- Produce wireframes, mockups, assets, and layouts
- Participate in daily check-in meetings and daily design reviews
- Liaise with web developers and printers
- When required, communicate directly with clients
- Visual research
- Ability to think critically about design and its impact on communities and society
- Strong conceptual, layout, and typographic abilities
- Familiarity with both print and digital workflows
- Receptive to creative direction
- Clear and non-violent communicator
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- College diploma or undergraduate degree in Graphic Design
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Proficiency in Google collaboration tools — Hangouts, Docs, Sheets, Calendar
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Outstanding visual work
- Commitment to practicing according to the Design Justice Network Principles
- Facilitation experience
- Illustration skills
- Animation skills
- UX design / research
- HTML & CSS
- Strong writing skills
- Social media aptitude
- Proficiency in a language other than English
- Community organizing experience
How to apply
Email your cover letter and resume as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a link to your online portfolio. Deadline: April 14, 2021.
And Also Too is an anti-oppressive, affirmative action employer. Preference shall be given to applicants from groups who have lived experiences of the issues our work addresses and/or who face systemic barriers to hiring.